Career1 aims to maintain the confidence of all its stakeholders by minimizing legal, financial and reputation risks. We believe that adherence to our values and undertakings in social responsibility, is essential. Career1 endeavours to deal with suppliers and customers who share this view. Code of Conduct (Code) outlines the guidelines, principles and standards that our suppliers and clients are expected to follow and uphold in their business and throughout their supply chain.
All clients and suppliers of Career1 must carefully review the guidelines in the Code and agree to abide by the guidelines as a condition of doing business with Career1.
- In all their activities, suppliers and clients must ensure that they conduct business in compliance with the laws, rules and regulations applicable to the goods and services they provide
- In their relationship with Career1’s employees, clients must not try to gain an improper advantage or preferential treatment or other relationships they may have with Career1 (for example, as a supplier); furthermore, clients must not inappropriately influence Career1’s employees.
Anti-bribery and Anti-corruption
It is never acceptable for any supplier or client to offer any bribe, kickback or other unlawful payment or benefit to secure any concession, contract or other favourable treatment.
Confidential Information and Information Barriers
If in their dealings with Career1, clients or suppliers become aware of confidential material or undisclosed information about Career1 or its clients, we expects clients and suppliers to have in place policies and procedures for the proper handling and use of such information (such as information barriers). These policies and procedures must meet applicable legal and regulatory requirements to prevent inappropriate access or disclosure of this information.
Privacy and Information Security
- Clients and suppliers must use information obtained through their relationship with Career1 only for the purpose of the relationship.
- Clients and suppliers must store Career1’s information securely, and have in place appropriate information security policies and procedures.
- Clients and suppliers must notify Career1 promptly of actual or suspected privacy breaches, security breaches or losses of our information.
Clients must maintain workplaces characterized by professionalism, and respect for the dignity of every individual with whom their employees and ours interact. Clients must respect the diversity of their and our employees and others with whom they interact, both in and outside the workplace. This also includes respect for differences such as gender, race, colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic origin and religion. Clients and suppliers must not tolerate harassment, discrimination, violence, retaliation and other disrespectful and inappropriate behaviour.
Clients and suppliers must abide by applicable employment standards, labour, non-discrimination and human rights legislation and to operate in a way that does not differentiate unfairly.
Clients and suppliers must demonstrate that, in their workplaces:
- child labour is not used
- discrimination and harassment are prohibited
- employees are free to raise concerns and speak up without fear of reprisal
- clear and uniformly applied employment standards meet or exceed legal and regulatory requirements.
Clients and suppliers are expected to provide healthy and safe workplaces and comply with relevant health and safety laws. They are expected to provide all their employees with adequate information and instruction on health and safety concerns and to enable our employees to meet their responsibilities for the maintenance of a healthy and safe workplace.
- Clients and suppliers must not destroy records that may be relevant to any pending or threatened legal or regulatory proceeding of which our clients become aware.
- Our Clients and suppliers must maintain adequate internal records to demonstrate compliance to our requirements and commitments under the Code.
Compliance and monitoring of the Code of Conduct
Our clients and suppliers are expected to adhere to and comply with our Client/Supplier Code of Conduct. They may be required to periodically confirm in writing that they meet their obligations under the Code.